Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Cleantech Bio-fuels Workshop
Wednesday, 13 February 2013 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EST)
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Join the Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre
Cleantech Bio-fuels Workshop
with presentations from Battelle, the Ministry of Natural Resources, Agri-Therm (ICFAR), Algoma University, SDTC and NextGen Biofuels Fund
On February 13th, join the Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre (SSMIC) for a full-day workshop and discussionon biomass and bio-fuels in the Ontario region.
Hear representatives from the world’s largest science research organization Battelle, the Ministry of Natural Resources, Agri-Therm (ICFAR), Algoma University, SCTD and NextGen Biofuels Fund, as they talk about opportunities for biomass and bio-fuels in Ontario.
The Cleantech Bio-fuels Workshop panel includes:
- Charles Lucius, Vice-President, International Business, Energy Environment and Materials Sciences Global Business, Battelle;
- Joe Maure, Forestry Innovation Team Lead, MNR, Business Development Branch;
- Federico Berruti, Vice-President of Agri-Therm Inc, NSERC Vanier CGS holder;
- Dr. Isabel Molina, Assistant Professor and Research Chair, Natural Products Biochemistry, Algoma University;
- Kenneth Jobity, Manager, Screening and Evaluation (NextGen Biofuels Fund and SDTC).
This Session will cover:
- The region’s biomass resources, its availability, and costs;
- Identify technology options available to leverage these resources and their associated economics;
- Identify the models for deploying the technologies in the Sault Ste Marie region.
This session will provide valuable information for local stakeholders of the Ontario/Sault Ste. Marie forestry sector, Ontario/Sault Ste. Marie agricultural sector, regional economic development agencies, forest products companies, energy companies and project developers.
Breakfast and lunch refreshments are included and seating is limited. To register, visit cleantechworkshop.eventbrite.com or contact Kyleigh Clargo at 705.942.7927 ext. 3135 or email@example.com.
This event is proudly sponsored by the Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP).
When & Where
Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre (SSMIC)
The Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre (SSMIC) was established in 1999 to function as a catalyst for economic development and diversification in the information technology and knowledge-based sectors. SSMIC is focused on four core areas: operating a business incubator to encourage the establishment and growth of business start‐ups; providing support services to the SME (Small to Medium Enterprise) technology and science community; supporting the establishment and enhancement of advanced research projects in the region and undertaking strategic market development projects such as the highly successful GIS project. SSMIC operates an award‐winning GIS department that has been recognized internationally for its unique community information utility model and advanced work in the health and human services sector.